JOB DESCRIPTION: Isdyfiant Learning and Engagement Assistant
Reporting to: Learning and Engagement Project Manager
Responsible for: Supporting L&E project, Isdyfiant.
Temporary – 15 hours per week until September 29th 2023, on a freelance basis.
Hourly rate: £7.49 – £10.42 per hour
These rates meet the National Living Wage and the National Minimum Wage.
This Isdyfiant Learning and Engagement Assistant (ILEA) will play a role in supporting the
Natural Resources Wales (NRW) funded Isdyfiant project.
Isdyfiant is a creative project that addresses the NRW North West Area Statement’s aim to
“creatively reconnect people with their local environment to improve physical and mental
health, confidence and selfesteem”.
Working in Welsh and English with community groups, we will facilitate participants’ deeper
connections with the natural environment and support their health and wellbeing, to help
nurture and grow resilient communities. The project will be delivered across three
programme strands from January 2023 through to February 2024:
- A rural artist residency, working with a professional artist and rural communities to
develop collaborative artworks in Penmachno.
- A health and wellbeing commission led by an artist, or artists, including a series of
guided sessions within our regional nature reserves.
- A free public programme of workshops and talks, inspired by these commissions
centred around themes of ecology and the landscape.
The artwork produced during the rural residency will create the foundation of an exhibition
at Mostyn in Summer 2024, presenting objects and relational work which are representative
of our regional audiences to our international audiences.
Working with the Mostyn team, the ILEA will support and assist with multiple aspects of the
delivery of this programme such as administration, artist liaison, information capturing and
sharing, assisting in the set-up and management of workshops and events.
- Assist the L&E team, artists and community groups in the delivery of the residency,
events and creative workshops as per the project timetable and budgets.
- Setting up workshops and events with the required resources, facilitating
accessibility requirements, overseeing workshop and event sessions, capturing
participant feedback as audio, written or formal feedback forms as required,
cleaning down after sessions to restore facilities to being available for public use.
- Support and facilitate communication in Welsh, where possible, and English between the artists, experts and the participants, working with the Learning and Engagement Team in building relations between participants and Mostyn.
- Sharing dates, locations, access and further information with the community groups and the Mostyn team in a timely manner to encourage full participation throughout the project.
- Supporting the L&E team in documenting the work created during Isdyfiant sessions
and creating public displays of such materials where appropriate.
- Answer participant enquiries effectively, referring these to the appropriate manager
- Ensure the safety and security of work on display, highlighting problems/issues to
the appropriate managers.
- Ensure printed material is kept up-to-date and of sufficient quantity across the
- Keeping track of resources and budgets in line with the requirements of the the
Head of Marketing and Development, Head of Finance and Commerce and L&E
Project Manager. Keeping up to date budgets and records of expenditure for fiscal
reporting to NRW.
- Undertake administration tasks, as required, which may include but are not limited
to, booking accommodation and travel for artists and participants, purchasing and
coordinating materials required for sessions, gathering data and collecting feedback
from participants, processing invoices to finance, documentation for the purposes of
social media and marketing, complying with GDPR rules and regulations.
- Assisting with the completion reporting requirements as per NRW requirements.
- Undertaking these duties at Mostyn, NRW sites and anywhere else within the North
Wales regions as required (all travel costs beyond Mostyn will be paid).
- To work flexibly to the needs of the rota, event and staffing requirements.
In common with all post holders, the ILEA is expected:
- To ensure adherence to all Mostyn systems, policies and procedures.
- To ensure the security of the gallery and other spaces on Mostyn.
- To act as an advocate of Mostyn and promote its vision and activities.
- To actively contribute to and support all fundraising for the organization and be
aware of Mostyn’s case for need.
- To collaborate with all other departments.
- To ensure Mostyn systems, policies and processes are adhered to in the execution of
This is not an exhaustive list of duties. It may be necessary to undertake other reasonable
duties for the successful execution of this role and to meet the aims of the organisation.
Outline person specification:
An understanding of contemporary visual arts, craft & design. Passion for bringing
contemporary issues through the arts, crafts & design to life and engaging as wide an
audience as possible to the benefits, challenges and opportunities of contemporary art.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience at working in a creative context with community groups is
essential for this role.
- Attention to detail, especially when working within budgets.
- Strong communication skills. Confident, articulate and friendly, to inspire, support
and encourage participants to get involved in Isdyfiant workshops and events.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good problem-solving skills and a flexible way of working.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel confidently.
- Evidence of working with a diverse range of audiences and the motivation to strive
to make a good impression.
- Welsh language ability for this post is not essential but would be an advantage.
Hours of work:
- An average of 15 hours per week until September 29 th 2023, with hours to be
mutually agreed with L&E Project Manager to support L&E events and activities.
Event dates are:
July 1 st , 14 th , 21 st , 25 th , 28 th
August 3 rd , 4 th , 8 th , 10 th , 11 th , 12 th , 17 th , 18 th , 19 th , 22 nd , 24 th , 25 th , 26 th
Dates in September TBC.
Applicants do not have to be available for all of these dates, but you will be expected
to work on the majority of them.
Hours of work will be within our office hours, 10.00 – 5.00pm, Tuesday to Friday, and
some Saturday working will be required as per the above dates.
- Successful applicants may also be expected to be flexible to cover other staff’s
Annual Leave, and there may be an occasional requirement to work unsocial hours in
the execution of this role.
As soon as possible. Please tell us when you would be available to start work on your
Mostyn encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and we
are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
We particularly encourage applications from people with disabilities, health conditions
and/or impairments and people from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as
these groups are currently under- represented in the cultural sector. We are committed to
equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by Mostyn. We
ask everyone who works with us to champion this ambition and embed it in their day to day
work and monitor it in our annual Equality Action Plan. Whilst some of our offices have barriers to access, we continue to encourage interest from applicants who require
reasonable adjustments within the workplace.
How to apply :
- Read the Job Description and person specification.
- Submit a CV and Covering Letter. Ensure you tell us how you meet the knowledge,
skills and experience in the person specification. You are welcome to submit your
application in Welsh or English.
- Supply the names, email address, full postal address and telephone numbers of two
people who can give you a reference. At least one of these should be your current or
most recent employer.
- If you would like any further information, have any specific requirements or would
like to discuss any aspect of the role in confidence, please contact Mostyn on 01492
879201 and they will direct your call to Holly Williams, Learning and Engagement
Project Manager. Alternatively, email: [email protected].
- Email your application to Holly Williams, [email protected].
- Any application received after the deadline will not be included in the recruitment
- If this process is not an appropriate method for you because of an impairment or
disability, please contact us to make alternative arrangements.
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications.
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm Monday June 26 th .
Interviews: Tuesday 29 th June.